Packing in 3 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein each, these No Sugar Added Banana Hemp Muffins are the best thing to happen to your breakfast scene!
There are few things quite as wonderful as warm banana bread. Sweet, caramelized bananas, perfectly spiced bread, and a healthy spread of melted butter, it is the ultimate balance of flavors and comfort in one bite. That love inspired the recipe for these No Sugar Added Banana Hemp Muffins. That classic banana bread flavor you love, in a hearty, good-for-you breakfast! Packing in 3 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein per muffin, these muffins are great enjoyed over a leisurely cup of coffee or taken on-the-go. Just one word of advice: double up the recipe - these muffins go fast!
No Sugar Added Banana Hemp Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour can sub with all-purpose
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup shelled hemp hearts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- ⅓ cup avocado oil or other preferred oil
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour through ground ginger) and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine bananas, vanilla, oil, and egg.
- Add wet mixture to dry and stir until just combined, careful not to over mix.
- Scoop mixture into 12 greased or lined cupcake tins and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until lightly golden and done.
Looking for more healthy breakfast options? Check out our Smoky Sweet Potato Skillet!