Mini Greek Bell Pepper Boats are just as fun to make as they are to eat! Quick, customizable, and the perfect addition to any party!
The Super Bowl is just a few weeks away and we've already got our eyes on the prize - the appetizers, are we right? In our opinion, good party apps are essential for game watching enjoyment and the more flavorful and finger-foodesque they are, the better! That's where these Mini Greek Bell Pepper Boats come into play. Quick, convenient, and loaded with flavor, these portable bites are a fan favorite. We can guarantee they will be gone before halftime.
Quick & Customizable
One of our favorite things about this recipe is that it is SO easy and versatile! You can mix and match with any of your favorite ingredients to make them all your own.
To Hummus, or Not to Hummus. Get creative with your fillings! There are so many to choose from! For hummus you've got garlicky, spicy, red pepper, eggplant, you name it! Not feeling hummus? Olive tapenade, salsa, romesco, and tatziki are all fun alternatives!
Italian Twist - Not feeling feta? Swap the filling out for marinara, mozzarella, and olives and bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Now you've got "pizza" peppers!
Prep Ahead. When we're planning on making a big batch of peppers for parties, we prep the components ahead of time. Peppers can be sliced and deseeded up to 3 days in advance and the filling 1-2 days. We've found keeping the filling components separate from their vinaigrette helps veggies stay fresh and crunchy longer. We like to add the vinaigrette to the filling mixture just before serving.
Kid Friendly. Everyone can get in on the fun! Little ones can pick their "boats" and help assemble the peppers with their favorite fillings.
Greek Bell Pepper Boats
- 12 mini bell peppers
- 4 Persian cucumbers diced
- ½ red onion diced
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ¼ cup sliced kalamata olives diced
- ¾ cup prepared hummus
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon each, dried garlic powder, basil, and oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine diced cucumbers, onion, and feta. Combine veggie mixture with vinaigrette and toss well; set aside.
- Slice one side off of bell peppers and remove seeds to create your "boat".
- Fill peppers with a spread of your favorite hummus followed by a generous scoop of the veggie mixture.