Step aside potatoes, there's a new roasted root veggie in town! Roasted Parsnip Ranch Fries are near impossible to beat!
Have you tried parsnips before? If not, you are in for a treat! These tan-hued veggies are similar in flavor and shape to carrots, but have some potato-like starch which makes them perfect for roasting! They get crisp and golden on the outside, slightly sweet and creamy on the inside, and pair perfectly with your favorite dip. One way we love to enjoy them is as these Roasted Parsnip Ranch Fries. Sliced into strips, tossed with olive oil and that classic dry ranch seasoning and roasted until crispy and delicious.
Roasted Parsnip Ranch Fries
- 4-5 medium parsnips
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
Dry Ranch Seasoning
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp dried dill
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together dry seasoning; set aside.
- Rinse and peel parsnips. Slice into 3" long "fries".
- Toss fries with olive oil and dry seasoning, mixing well to coat.
- Place onto a lined sheet pan and roast for 25-28 minutes, or until golden and fork tender.