30-Minute Sheet Pan Pineapple Chicken
Need a quick dinner idea FAST? Look no further than our 30-minute Sheet Pan Pineapple Chicken! A little sweet, a little heat, and a whole lotta delicious flavor that the whole family will love.
Sheet Pan meals are MADE for busy weeknight dinners and they are just as simple as the name implies. Toss your ingredients onto a baking sheet, pop it in the oven, and in no time, you’re dinner ready! Of course, it wouldn’t be a classic Compston dish if we didn’t throw a sassy sauce on top! This 30-Minute Sheet Pan Pineapple Chicken is quick, convenient, and absolutely loaded with flavor. It combines caramelized veggies, melt-in-your-mouth tender chicken, and a sweet-meets-savory-meets-perfectly-spicy sauce that ties it all together. Friends and family will never believe it’s your favorite hands off meal!
This recipe is fruit and veggie LOADED! With nearly 2 cups of colorful fruits and veggies per serving, it’s a healthy, nutritious meal you can feel good about enjoying anytime.
Prep Ahead. If you know you’ve got a busy week ahead, knock out the sauce and dice work the day or morning of that you plan to eat. That way when it comes time to cook, all you need to do is dump the ingredients and roast them and you’re ready to eat! In fact, we like to dice bell peppers up each weekend and pop them right into the freezer for dishes just like this. When you’re ready to roast, toss them right onto the sheet pan, season, and you’re good to go!
Can’t Stand The Heat. If you are serving little ones or those sensitive to heat, omit the jalapeño and chili flakes all together. Those who like heat can add it last minute and everyone can be happy. On the flip side, if you are a family of spice lovers, try swapping jalapeño out for habanero pepper!
Feeling Saucy. This sauce is one of our most-used recipes. It is versatile and goes great with just abut everything. We love it not just on chicken but fish, veggies, tacos, salmon patties, tofu and more! If you are a sauce lover (like ourselves) you may wish to double up the sauce recipe to have extra for dipping.
How do you like them veggies? We like our veggies to be tender but still have a little crunch. If you prefer ultra tender veggies, roast them for 10-12 minutes prior to adding on the chicken and pineapple.
30-Minute Sheet Pan Pineapple Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast cubed into 2" pieces
- 3 bell peppers, any color diced into 2" pieces
- 1 red onion diced into 2" pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder for seasoning
- cooked rice or noodles, for serving
- scallions, for garnish
Pinapple Jalapeño Sauce
- 20 oz can diced pineapple in 100% pineapple juice
- 1 clove minced garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos*
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1-2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 small jalapeño pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes optional
- 1 tbsp each, cornstarch mixed with cold water
- Dice chicken, peppers, and onion into even 2" pieces and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Split mixture in half and place onto two sheet pans lined with aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat.
- Drain and reserve pineapple juice; add 1/2 of the diced pineapple pieces to sheet pans and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender. NOTE: if you prefer veggies without any crispness, bake for 10 minutes prior to adding chicken and pineapple pieces.
Pineapple Jalapeño Sauce
- To a saucepan, add remaining pineapple and juice and remaining sauce ingredients (minus the cornstarch slurry). Bring to a light simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until sugar is dissolved and peppers are tender. Whisk in cornstarch and continuously stir for another 1-2 minutes until sauce thickens.