Cruciferous Crunch Salad is bright, colorful, and loaded with crispy crunchy goodness. It's a quick make-ahead dish that spruces up any weekday meal!
Hey guys, Christmas is just ONE WEEK away! Can you believe it!? By now, you're probably a few holiday parties deep into the season and gearing up for the big day feast. Areweright?
Today we're here to provide you with a festive, light side that can tag along as a refreshing option against traditional holiday fare or be a new accompaniment to your workweek lunch. Either way, we're pretty confident you'll love getting to know our Cruciferous Crunch Salad.
Cruciferous Crunch Salad
- 1 head broccoli chopped into florets
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- 1 cup canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ teaspoon honey or preferred sweetener
- 3-4 tablespoon rice wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow or Dijon mustard optional
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. (Note: for a honey mustard flair, add 1 teaspoon of yellow or Dijon to the mix). Add additional vinegar or splashes of water to reach desired consistency.
- Add broccoli, cabbage, chickpeas, and onion to a large mixing bowl and pour dressing over top. Toss until well incorporated.
- Chill for 1-2 hours in the fridge. Just prior to serving add sunflower seeds and cherries and toss well.