Looking for the perfect little something for your sweetie? These Valentine's Apple Sweet "Hearts" will be sure to win them over! They are simple and fun to make and are enjoyed by all the loves in your life!
When it comes to Valentine's treats, it's hard to beat chocolate dipped - or drizzled- fruit. Tart, juicy fruit paired with creamy, decadent chocolate is a match made in dessert heaven! These Apple Sweet "Hearts" are just that plus a crunchy, nutty walnut crunch.
Festive Fruit. So many varieties of fruit work for this recipe. For that "heart" look, we've found large, well-rounded apples or pears work best. Watermelon wedges, orange slices, cherries and, of course, berries are delicious paired with chocolate. Dried fruits like mango, banana chips, dates, and prunes are also great.
Choose Your Chocolate. Any and every kind of chocolate works great. When in doubt, use them all! When serving at parties or gifting, we like to make a few dark, milk, and white chocolate varieties for people to choose their favorites.
Optional Add-Ins. We love adding nuts like walnuts or pecans for crunch but the fun doesn't stop there! Flaky sea salt, sprinkles, toffee, and crystalized ginger are all great additions.
Valentine's Apple Sweet "Hearts"
- 2 large apples any variety
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup walnuts pieces
- wooden skewers
- Slice apples stem to botom, thick enough so you can insert a skewer.
- Lay apples flat and sprinkle with crushed walnuts.
- Heat chocolate in a microwave safe dish in 10 second intervals until just melted. Drizzle chocolate generously over the apples.
- Chill apples in the fridge or freezer until firm.