Because there's never a bad time for chocolate....meet: No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream!
A few weeks back, Stephen and I debuted our No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream and to say we have been enjoying it is an UNDERSTATEMENT. I won't tell you how many batches we've gone through, but I can tell you that our freezer has not been without it since ? And that, coming from a girl who once proclaimed she could "take or leave" vanilla ice cream ? I feel so ashamed....
Since everything is made better with chocolate, we knew we had to whip together our next flavor to share with you all. Enter in: No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream. Smooth, rich, dark chocolatey flavor (thanks to 100% cocoa powder) that is just as incredible paired up with fresh berries as it is enjoyed on its own. Let's just say this creamy concoction left Stephen speechless (if you know him, this does NOT happen often) and may have officially become our new go-to flavor. We don't want to be too bold here, but the term "Wendy's Frosty" was thrown out there to describe it...
We are so excited to share this simple recipe with you and would love to hear what you think!
No-Churn Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 14 oz can low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder dutch processed recommended
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Add condensed milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt to a mixing bowl and whisk together until fully combined.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, whip cream until firm peaks form, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add half of the whipped cream to the bowl with condensed milk and gently stir to combine.
- Finally, pour the bowl mixture into the remaining whipped cream and fold to combine.
- Pour mixture into a glass or metal loaf pan, If desired, top with chocolate chips or shavings.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours, or until set.