Carrot Cake Crescent Rolls
Spiced carrots, crunchy pecans, plump raisins, and that classic cream cheese filling wrapped up in a golden, flaky crust, Carrot Cake Crescent Rolls are a fun, festive twist on your favorite springtime dessert.
Happy Easter! While Easter celebrations may look a little different this year, we’re grateful for this extra time together and are adding a little extra fun into all our family festivities. And boy! Do these guys pack. the. FUN! Carrot Cake Crescent Rolls combine sweet, spice, and everything all swirled into a buttery, flaky “crust” to make a springtime dessert of epic proportions.
Cooking with Crescent Rolls
We love incorporating crescent rolls into recipes because they are quick, convenient, and serve as the perfect vessel for sweet or savory combinations. They are also totally kid-friendly and hard to mess up – even when toddler hands get involved. Squished or misshapen, they still taste great!
We recommend adding 2-4 minutes extra to the baking time recommended on the packaging, as the filling increases the moisture. The rolls are done when fully golden and semi-firm (not smoothy) to the touch.
-If you prefer more crunch, you can leave the carrots “raw” and skip the sautéing, or, go for a larger grate.
-Brown sugar can be substituted with any granulated or liquid sweetener you prefer. You can also completely omit altogether, as the carrots and raisins lend a touch of natural sweeteness all their own.
-The same rules apply for the coconut oil. If you don’t love the taste, swap out with melted butter or any preferred oil.
-Regular or light cream cheese can be used for the filling. If you want to bring things next level, feel free to add a few tablespoons of mascarpone cheese to the mix! Dec-a-dent.
-Other tasty add-in options include shredded coconut, diced pineapple, or a combination of the two!
-If you are team “no raisins” leave those babies out! You can add extra pecans for more crunch.
Carrot Cake Crescent Rolls
- 1 8 oz. package crecent rolls
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 tsp coconut oil or melted butter
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or preferred sweetener
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp raisins optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine carrots, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar. Sauté over medium low heat, stirring occassionally for 3-4 minutes, or until carrots have softened slightly and sugar has completed dissolved.
- To carrots, add chopped pecans, raisins, and softened cream cheese. Stir well to combine. Mixture should be semi-thick, but easy enough to spread with a spoon.
- Lay crescent roll triangles on a sheet pan. Add a heaping tablespoon of carrot mixture to each triangle and spread evenly across dough. Roll each triangle into crescent shape and place onto sheet pan.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown.
Looking for more ways to satisfy that sweet tooth? Look no further than our four-ingredient No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream!