Banana "Split" Popsicles are a tasty twist on a classic summertime dessert! These easy pops are quick, easy, and just as much fun to make as they are to eat!
This post is in partnership with Pacific Coast Producers. All opinions expressed are our own.
Banana splits. The quintessential dessert of summertime and hands down one of our favorite warm weather treats! Today, we're serving up our own spin with these Banana "Split" Popsicles! Easy, delicious, and fun for the whole family! Made with whole fruit, greek yogurt, and your favorite toppings, these pops can be enjoyed anytime of year - no spoons required!
These popsicles are made primarily of whole fruit, therefore making them a healthy treat you can feel good about sharing with the whole family. We rely on a mix of fresh and canned favorites like canned pineapple and maraschino cherries to help this recipe come together in no time flat!
Get the kids cooking! They'll have a blast helping out and seeing their popsicles come to life. Have children peel bananas , pour milk, and add fruit to the blender. Once blended, have children "taste test" the mixture before pouring into the molds! Our son especially loved dropping extra maraschino cherry pieces into each popsicle mold! When it comes time to dip your pops, children can help "decorate" with nuts and sprinkles. Warning: expect to be asked if the popsicles are frozen/ready to be eaten at least 5x/hr! 😂
Fruit - These popsicles can be made with fresh, frozen, and/or canned fruit, therefore making them a super versatile recipe. We like the convenience of canned pineapple in juice, which adds the perfect amount of sweetness, minus added sugar!
Taste Test - Before pouring into their molds, taste test the popsicle mixture to ensure flavor is where you want it. We love the mixture without any added sugar, but you may wish to add some or fun extracts like almond or coconut for a fun twist.
Popsicle Mold - Any shape or style mold will do! We love silicone molds which are both easy to use and clean. To remove popsicles, we dip mold base into a bowl of lukewarm water for a few seconds prior to "wiggling" out.
Chocolate "Shell" - You can use any favorite chocolate chips or bar for your "shell". If your chocolate is somewhat thick when melted, stir in ½ tsp of coconut oil to thin. As soon as popsicles are dipped into chocolate, move quickly to add your toppings. The shell dries very quickly!
Banana "Split" Popsicles
- 2 ripe bananas fresh or frozen
- 1 cup canned pineapple rings in juice
- ¾ cup yogurt dairy or non-dairy
- ¼ cup milk, any variety
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup maraschino cherries diced
- 1 cup chocolate chips* for dipping
- ⅓ cup crushed nuts or sprinkles for topping
- To a blender, add bananas, pineapple, yogurt, milk, and vanilla, and process until smooth. Add additional splashes of milk or pineapple juice, as desired, to thin.
- Add cherries and stir until just combined (careful not to overmix as this will turn your popsicles pink!)
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for 4-6 hours, or until set.
- Once frozen, melt chocolate in a microwave-safe dish, in 15 second intervals, until fully melted.
- Allow chocolate to cool slightly before dipping popsicles. Sprinkle immediately with toppings. Enjoy!