Strawberry Mango Salsa is bright, colorful, and loaded with flavor. It's a perfect topper for chicken or fish or straight up on a spoon!Jump to Recipe
For us, nothing signals the start of warm weather season quite like a big, juicy bowl of Strawberry Mango Salsa! It is fresh, flavorful, bursting with flavor and offers the perfect balance of tart and sweet that keeps you coming back for more.
From early May until the last batch of the summer berries, we have some variation of this salsa in our fridge at. all. times. We use it as a refreshing topper for yogurt, freshly seared mahi-mahi, or pair if with cinnamon sugar pita chips when we need a sweet treat. Gotta be honest though, in our house, 90% of it is enjoyed straight up with a spoon. No matter how you choose to use it, you are sure to love it.
Mango - While any variety of mango will do, Ataulfo, or, Honey Mangos are our favorites for this recipe. They are milder and sweeter than red mangos and are a nice contrast to tart berries. Their season is shorter than other mangos so when you see them, grab them!
Kiwi - Yellow or green kiwi works perfectly for this "salsa". When Ataulfo mangos are not in season, yellow kiwis can lend the sweetness you're looking for.
Berries - Any and all berries work well so use your favorite(s)!
Avocado - If making your salsa ahead, leave the avocado out until just before serving. Once made, the avocado will stay fresh (aka not totally smushy) for about 1 day.
Planning Ahead - If making ahead, we recommend mixing the diced fruit together (sans avocado and dressing) and storing in the fridge for up ti one day. Fifteen to thirty minutes prior to serving, add avocado and vinaigrette and toss well. Prepared salsa will stay firm and fresh for up to 1-2 days.
Strawberry Mango Salsa
- 1 ripe mango, diced ataulfo (honey) mango recommended
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 1 firm but ripe avocado, diced
- 2 kiwi, diced yellow or green
- 2 tbsp diced jalapenos or red onion optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 1 pinch each, salt and pepper
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together. Taste and adjust seasonings per preference.
- Dice fruit and add to a mixing bowl. Pour vinaigrette over top and gently toss to mix.
- Enjoy immediately or store for up to 2 days.