Your favorite food enjoyed in a fun, new way! "Pizza" Crescent Rolls with Homemade Marinara are fun, delicious, and enjoyed by kids of all ages!
This post is in partnership with Pacific Coast Producers. All opinions expressed are our own.
Pizza is, has, and forever will be one of our family's favorite foods. If we can find some way to turn a meal into anything resembling pizza, we're all happy campers. Today, we enlisted our little one's help to create these "Pizza" Crescent Rolls with a quick (and SUPER easy) marinara sauce. The entire recipe comes together in less than 30 and it's a recipe the WHOLE family loves. That is a serious win-win.
This recipe is perfect for little helpers! Children can help make the sauce by pouring tomatoes into the food processor, adding spices, and taste testing the sauce to make sure it's pizza ready!
Once the sauce is ready, enlist their help spreading it onto their "pizzas", adding toppings, and rolling the dough.
There is no wrong way to make these rolls. No matter how they look, they'll still taste great and your little ones will be proud of the work they did!
The only hard part will be letting them cool before giving them a taste!
Marinara Sauce - We always keep a batch of this simple marinara sauce on hand. When we are planning a recipe that uses it, we make a large batch and then freeze it in smaller portions for recipes like these! It is extremely customizable too. You can add in any variety of canned tomatoes, fresh or dried herbs, and make it as chunky or smooth as you like. Besides using some as your pizza sauce, be sure to save extra for dipping!
Cheese - Any favorite variety of Italian cheese will work. For that classic "stretchy" cheese look, you'll want to have at least some mozzarella in the mix. To keep things really simple, you can slice a string cheese into ¼ths (slice hotdog style, then hotdog style again) and place that at the wide end of your crescent roll before rolling.
Fillings - The possibilities are endless! All your favorite pizza toppings can be added. Tip: be careful not to overfill your rolls or it may extend your cooking time. We recommend dicing raw veggies like onions and peppers very small (or sauté ahead of time) as the rolls only take about 15 minutes to bake.
"Pizza" Crescent Rolls with Homemade Marinara
- 1 8 oz can crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- ½ cup diced olives, pepperoni, or other favorite toppings
Simple Marinara Sauce
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, without seasoning
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a food processor and pulse until you reach desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings per preference. If a thicker sauce is desired, place sauce in a thin mesh strainer to drain off some juice.
- Unroll and detach crescent rolls and lay flat on a sheet pan. Spread a thin layer (approx. 1 ½ tbsp) of sauce across each roll.
- Sprinkle rolls lightly with cheese and favorite toppings, being careful not to over fill. Firmly, but gently, roll triangles into crescent shape.
- Bake rolls for 14-16 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown.