Mini Beef Taco Cups
Crispy shells, tender, seasoned beef, and loaded up with all your favorite toppings, Mini Beef Taco Cups are the perfect all-in-one meal!
Prep Time15 minutes mins
Cook Time25 minutes mins
Total Time40 minutes mins
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Mexican
Servings: 4 servings
- 12 street taco flour tortillas
- 1 lb beef Flank Steak
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup canned, rinsed black beans
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ½ cup salsa
- guacamole and sour cream for topping
- cilantro, scallions, jalapeño slices for garnish
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- ¼ cup garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Trim visible fat off of steak. Slice steak, against the grain, into thin ¼" strips. Season generously with taco seasoning.
Preheat a cast iron skillet and avocado oil over medium high heat. Cook beef strips for 2-3 minutes, each side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F. Let rest for 5 minutes prior to dicing into bite-sized pieces.
Gently fold tortillas into each cup of muffin tray. If tortillas are too rigid, gently warm between damp paper towels in the microwave for 5-second intervals.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until tortillas are slightly crisp on all sides.
Fill cups with beef and beans and top with cheese. Bake for another 5-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Top with diced peppers, salsa, and all of your favorite toppings. Pair with a fresh salad and enjoy!