"Pizza" Crescent Rolls with Homemade Marinara
Enjoy pizza in a fun new way! These rolls are quick, easy, and fun for the whole family!
Servings: 8 rolls
- 1 8 oz can crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- ½ cup diced olives, pepperoni, or other favorite toppings
Simple Marinara Sauce
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, without seasoning
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add all sauce ingredients to a food processor and pulse until you reach desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings per preference. If a thicker sauce is desired, place sauce in a thin mesh strainer to drain off some juice.
Unroll and detach crescent rolls and lay flat on a sheet pan. Spread a thin layer (approx. 1 ½ tbsp) of sauce across each roll.
Sprinkle rolls lightly with cheese and favorite toppings, being careful not to over fill. Firmly, but gently, roll triangles into crescent shape.
Bake rolls for 14-16 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown.