Edamame Avocado Dip
Smooth, creamy, and loaded with flavor, this dip is snack time's new best friend!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups (approx. 12 oz) shelled edamame fresh or frozen
- ½ large, ripe avocado
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2-3 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- ¾ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add edamame and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender.
Drain water and add cooked edamame to a food processor with vegetable oil. Process for 3-4 minutes, occassionally scraping down sides, until smooth.
Add remaining ingredients and continue blending for another 2-3 minutes, until fully incorporated and creamy. Add additional vegetable oil, as desired, to thin.
Taste and adjust seasonings per preference.