Grown-Up Granola Bars
Grown-Up Granola Bars are a 'bar' above the rest! Loaded with whole grains, omega 3s, and chewy deliciousness, these bars will be a family favorite!
Servings: 16 bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ⅓ cup whole wheat flour can sub with GF
- ⅓ cup ground flaxseeds
- ⅓ cup wheat germ
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup loose brown sugar optional
- ½ cup walnut, avocado, or other mild tasting oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg
Add-Ins (You pick up to 1 cup TOTAL) - Favorite Combos Include:
- walnuts and chocolate chips
- cashews and dried apricot pieces
- dried cherries and pistachios
- unsweetened coconut flakes and dried cranberries
- pecans and dried blueberries
In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients, including add-ins. Mix until well combined.
Next, add in your oil, honey, vanilla, and egg and gently fold until fully incorporated. If mixture looks too dry, add additional oil and honey, 1 tsp. each at a time.
Pour mixture into an oiled 8x8 baking pan. Using a spoon (or your hands), firmly press the mixture down evenly into the pan.
Bake in a 350° oven for 25-28 minutes. Edges should be turning slightly golden. Place pan on a cooling rack for at least 10 minutes prior to slicing.
Slice into 16 - 2"x2" bars. Store in the fridge.