Dark Chocolate Black Bean Brownies (GF, DF)
Chewy, rich, and ridiculously decadent - you'll never believe that beans are the star of these luscious brownies! Fudgy Black Bean Brownies are the ultimate upgraded indulgence.
Servings: 16 servings
- 2 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup unsweetened extra dark cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoon oil of choice
- ¾-1 cup sugar (for a traditional brownie flavor use 1 cup, for a more bitter, dark chocolate flavor, ¾ cup)
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 12 tablespoon water
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a small bowl, combine flaxseeds and water. Whisk together for 20 seconds; set aside.
Add rinsed and drained beans to a food processor with oil and vanilla. Process until smooth.
Add cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and eggs. Blend until well combined.
Lastly, add flax "eggs" and blend again until smooth.
Pour brownie mixture into a lightly oiled 9x9 baking pan. If adding chocolate chips, sprinkle over top the batter.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.