Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup
A mix it and fuggedaboutit meal the whole family will love!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and diced
- 2 bell peppers, any color diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½-¾ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 4 cups low sodium broth
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 2 - 15 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can of corn rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ jalapeno sliced (optional)
Dice onion and peppers and mince garlic. Remove corn and beans from cans and lightly rinse in a colander.
Add all ingredients to a crockpot. Turn onto HIGH heat for 3-4 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked. Using two forks, shred chicken and stir to incorporate into soup.
Serve with crushed tortilla chips. Additional topping ideas include sour cream or Greek yogurt, avocado, cheese, fresh cilantro, and freshly squeezed lime.