Creamy Tomato & Tortellini Soup
You're just 30 minutes away from the ultimate creamy, cozy, comfort food!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour or all-purpose
- 6 oz fresh cheese tortellini
- ¾-1 cup whole milk can sub with preferred milk
- ⅛ tsp each dried basil, oregano, and thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
Sauté garlic and onion in olive oil and a pinch of salt in a large soup pot until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
Add butter and herbs and stir until butter is completely melted. Whisk in flour and continuously stir until golden brown, approximately 1-2 minutes.
Slowly whisk in broth and tomato sauce and bring to a simmer, stirring occassionally, until broth has thickened.
Add tortellini and cook for another 5-6 minutes, or until pasta is tender.