Pesto Chickpea Salad
Colorful, flavorful and the perfect weekday lunch or star of any backyard bbq.
Servings: 5 servings
- 4-5 medium zucchini washed and sliced into quarters
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced into halves
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 4 oz mozzarella sliced into small pieces
- 4 oz fresh basil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp each, dried rosemary, thyme, oregano, and parsley
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Pesto: To a food processor, add basil, olive oil, and dry seasonings and pulse until you reach desired consistency. Add additional olive oil, as needed, to thin; set aside
Add diced vegetables and mozzarella to a large mixing bowl along with pesto. Toss until well mixed. Serve immediately.