Mini Greek Bell Pepper Boats
Mini Greek Bell Pepper Boats are just as fun to make as they are to eat! Quick, customizable, and the perfect addition to any party!
The Super Bowl is just a few weeks away and we’ve already got our eyes on the prize – the appetizers, amiright? In our opinion, good party apps are essential for game watching enjoyment and the more flavorful and finger-foodesque they are, the better! That’s where these Mini Greek Bell Pepper Boats come into play. Quick, convenient, and loaded with flavor, these portable bites will be gone before halftime.
Quick & Customizable
One of our favorite things about this recipe is that it is SO easy and versatile! You can mix and match with any of your favorite ingredients to make them all your own.
To Hummus, or Not to Hummus. Get creative with your fillings! There are so many to choose from! For hummus you’ve got garlicky, spicy, red pepper, eggplant, you name it! Not feeling hummus? Olive tapenade, salsa, and tatziki are all fun alternatives!
Italian Twist – Not feeling feta? Swap the filling out for marinara, mozzarella, and olives and bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Now you’ve got “pizza” peppers!
Greek Bell Pepper Boats
- 12 mini bell peppers
- 4 Persian cucumbers diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives diced
- 3/4 cup prepared hummus
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp each, dried garlic powder, basil, and oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine diced cucumbers, onion, and feta. Combine veggie mixture with vinaigrette and toss well; set aside.
- Slice one side off of bell peppers and remove seeds to create your "boat".
- Fill peppers with a spread of your favorite hummus followed by a generous scoop of the veggie mixture.