Do you have a favorite way to prepare veggies? For us, 9 times out of 10, it's roasting them. And 10 times out of 10 our #1 pick is roasted cauliflower.
At least once a week during the fall and winter, the Compstons whip up a batch of this Kick-Ass Cowboy Cauliflower. Bold, smoky, and just the right bit of heat. And the texture. Tender, slightly crunchy on the edges, and perfectly chewy all over = 100% irresistible. If cauliflower was sold in bundles, or cheaper by the dozen, we would make it every👏single👏day👏. If we can be so bold, we believe this recipe has the ability to bring out veggie lover in all of us. And that's never been a bad thing.
This recipe is an absolute pinch to make and is an instant crowd pleaser. Even better? It only requires 3 ingredients. You want simple recipes? We deliver.
Enough chatting, let's get cooking. To start, prep your cauliflower. Rinse and pat dry. Remove any leaves and the stem and discard.
Next, chop your cauliflower into small florets. Pro tip: the smaller the pieces, the greater likelihood of getting those really chewy brown bits.
Drizzle florets with oil and then coat generously with dry seasoning.
Lastly, pour your cauliflower onto a lined sheet pan...
and roast until golden, tender, and slightly blackened (chewy!!!)
Nutrition Notes: Cauliflower is part of the cruciferous vegetable family, which includes other well knowns such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, bob choy, and radishes to name a few. Most cruciferous vegetables are naturally high in vitamins A, C, and K as well as folate and other important vitamins and minerals. Cruciferous vegetables have long been associated with protection against inflammation and reducing the risk of developing cancer. Finally, cruciferous vegetables are rich in fiber and low in calories, which can help increase meal satiety and assist you with weight management. We can all benefit from consuming more crucifeorus veggies.
Kick-Ass Cowboy Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into small florets
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp McCormick Grill Mates BBQ or other preferred dry bbq rub/mix
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse cauliflower and pat to dry. Remove leaves and stems and dice cauliflower into small florets.
- Place into a large mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil; toss until well coated.
- Next, add bbq seasoning and continue mixing until evenly distributed.
- Place cauliflower evenly on a large sheet pan and roasted for 40-50 minutes, tossing once, until cauliflower is golden and tender.