Save cash and dine IN tonight with our Better-Than-Takeout Chicken Chow Mein. It's a fresh upgrade on a classic comfort food!
Do you have a favorite take-out menu item?
Hands down, Chicken Chow Mein tops our list. Tender, juicy chicken, crisp veggies, chewy noodles, and topped off with a flavorful sauce, it's a classic Compston comfort food! Today, we're saving our cash and dining IN with our Better-Than-Takeout Chicken Chow Mein. Quick, delicious, and ready in 30, this dish is a simple weekday staple you'll want to make again and again!
Better-Than-Takeout Chicken Chow Mein
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 8 oz chow mein noodles
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- ⅓ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2-3 tsp sugar
- Whisk sauce ingredients together, set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp oil in a large pan or wok over medium high heat. Add chicken thighs and cook 4-5 minutes each side, until done. Remove and let rest 5 minutes until slicing into bite-sized pieces.
- To pan, add veggies, garlic, and ginger, and cook until desired consistency (we like to leave a little crunch). Once veggies are done, remove from heat. To pan, add in chicken, cooked noodles, and sauce and toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
Looking for more easy weekday meals? Check out our 30-minute Sheet Pan Pineapple Chicken.