Berry-Chia Baked Oatmeal
Berry-Chia Baked Oatmeal is a simple, delicious, and completely customizable breakfast that can be enjoyed hot, cold, and even, on-the-go!Jump to Recipe
Hard to admit, but we were late jumping aboard that baked oatmeal train. I mean, it’s oatmeal, but baked. What’s so special…right? WRONG! After hearing more and more about these oven-toasted oats, we finally decided to give them a try for ourselves and now, we. are. HOOKED! Baked oatmeal is the best of all worlds. You’ve got tender, fluffy oats, juicy berries bursting with flavor, and a golden, perfectly crisp top to finish it off. It’s soft like bread pudding yet firm enough you can eat it by the slice. It’s really hard to find anything not to love.
Utilizing Pantry Staples
We initially designed this recipe to be made without eggs, and even, milk! Due to some shortages at grocery stores, we received requests for easy “pantry meals” that didn’t require a laundry list of fresh ingredients. We can attest that the milk-and-eggless version of this recipe works perfectly and is just as delicious, that said, we’ve included both ingredients as we would make in a perfect, non-quarantined world. You make it as works best for you!
Make It Your Own!
This is a base recipe to get you started, meaning, you can easily modify it to make it all your own. Don’t have fresh berries on hand? Use frozen! Or swap them out entirely for apples or sliced peaches. Want to add some holiday spice? Mix in cloves, nutmeg, and ginger. Love some crunch? Toss in your favorite nuts or top your slice off with a healthy drizzle of melty peanut butter. The possibilities are endless and this dish will be a winner every single time. We can’t wait to hear how you enjoy YOUR baked oats!
Berry-Chia Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 tbsp chia seeds can sub with flax seeds
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 2 eggs can sub with flax eggs
- 2 tbsp preferred oil or melted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, chia seeds, mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla, and oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until mixed. Fold in 1 cup of the berries.
- Pour mixture into a well-greased 8×8 baking dish and top with final 1/2 cup of berries.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes, or until top is lightly golden and oats are "set".
Looking for more tasty, one-pan breakfast options? Check out our recipe for Springtime Strata!